Search Tyres by Vehicle Registration
It is crucial to buy tyres of the correct size to ensure maximum handling efficiency and traction in any road condition. At DMH Tyres, you can buy tyres Widnes across various sizes, suitable for any vehicle make and model.
But before you make your purchase, it is important that you are aware of the tyre size meaning.
How to Understand a Tyre Size Code?
Let's take 205/55 R17 91V as an example.
- The first number, "205" here, denotes the tyre's width in millimetres, meaning the tyre’s width is 205mm.
- Following that is “55”, informing car owners about the height of the tyre’s sidewall.
- The letter after that denotes the tyre construction type. In this case, it is R for radial.
- Next, the number “17” is a vital aspect of this tyre as it represents its rim diameter. The measurement unit here is in inches, meaning this tyre has a wheel rim diameter of 17 inches.
- The next number, "91", indicates the load index, that is, the amount of load it can handle without dropping its performance when inflated optimally.
- The letter "V" at the end represents its speed rating index or how much speed it can run at safely.
If you still feel this is a little confusing, and instead of continuing your search for "tyres near me" visit us at Anglo Plant, Badger House, Ditton Road, Widnes, WA8 0PJ. We’ll be happy to help you out!
Call us on 0151 3187741.
Our emergency call-out number is 0151 3187741.